Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Long Blog #2

"Life is like a musical. Except mine
is in a stage of Phantom of the Opera,
Sweeney Todd and Wicked."
----Me

Boxing day sales were held on the 26th December. The news were reporting at about 5am people were rushing into stores across Australia to get more presents after Christmas. My sister was one of the workers in Sydney who was working at Meyer store at the time. She told me that people were reaching their hands at all angles around her while she was packing clothes, she was so close to calling the Security guards and she said that to the customers, who automatically stopped. I don't get Boxing Day sales, aren't you suppose to be glad of what you got? Not, but more and more. It seems that this society is more materialistic than ever before. What about the kids who are poor and/or in developing nations, who barely get to eat or have a decent living like we do?

Bean bags. How random that sounds after my semi-rant in the previous paragraph. The bean bag that I was sitting on before and after we sent off my sister to Europe (she is currently in Paris), reminded me of a big pair of jeans. I simply loved it (haha, I'm a bit materialistic but not really). My family have this blow up chair that was purple. We have it in one of the closets in the house. My sister got sick of it taking so much space in her room (because there was only one place to hook up the internet and that was her room, so I needed the chair). Does anyone else have a bean bag they simply adore?

I have just read "Secret Scribbled Notebooks" by Joanne Horniman, as part of my summer holiday reading. Here is the blurb of the story:
"'My name is Kate O'Farrell and I am seventeen years old. I am in my last year of school, and when that is over I will be leaving this place for good - going to a real city, where I will begin my new life.
'I have long red hair and pale skin. I like staying up very late at night. It is my ambition to see the sun rise, but sadly I am always asleep by then. I love eating and reading, preferably at the same time.
'I am very tall, and too thin. I have never been in love.'
Kate has three notebooks, the Red, Yellow and Blue Notebooks, in which she records her life. Through reading and writing, living and learning to love, she discovers things about herself that she never expected
."
The story is good, except I often had to re-read the page to understand what happened. It had a good ending that I quite say, "the right ending" for the story. I do recommend the story if you are into types of books involving a teenager finding out about something about themselves or about their family at the end of the story than they did at the start of the story. If you get what I mean.

My plans for 2010 and 2011 are pretty messy, but I think I know what I'm doing. Next year, I'll be going to my formal, doing camps, activity week, work experience and choosing my HSC subjects. For my HSC subjects, I think I know what I'm doing. I might be doing for the HSC is English Advance, English Extnetion 1, English Extention 2, Biology, Visual Arts, Drama, and Japanese Continuers. I might drop doing Biology and do Religion or Legal Studies. But I guess, I won't make a final descision until I get that piece of paper that list all of the subjects and I have to tick the boxes of all of my subjects that I am going to do for the next two years. I wish it could be easy as. In 2011, I might (in Summer) to go to Seoul, South Korea, to see my pen pal. I am currently saving now.

Have you guys heard of a book called "Stargirl" or "Love, Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli? Fantastic book. It's amazing really, it made me really think about how much Stargirl and me relate. Even though I am not really a close real replica Stargirl, it made me feel happy that I'm not with the crowd or "Normal" in otherwords.
"Stargirl is like no other.
She’s as magical as the desert sky.
As mysterious as her own name.
From the day she arrives in a bust of colour and sound, people notice her. People remember her. She captures Leo Borlock’s heart with just one smile, and sparks a revolution with just one cheer. Everyone is enchanted.
At first.
Then they turn on her. Stargirl is suddenly shunned for everything that makes her different. And Leo, panicked and desperate with love, urges her to become the very thing that will destroy her: normal
."
The song by All Time Low, "Remembering Sunday" makes me think of the ending of the first book. If you have read the first book, then you'll know why I chose the song to make me think of the ending. If you don't, listen to the song and read the two books.

LOVE
DoomAngelKitty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.