Friday, December 4, 2009

Awards, awards, awards, and disappointment

In my head I replay our conversations
Over and over til they feel like hallucinations
You know me? I love to lose my mind
And every time anybody speaks your name
I still feel the same
I ache, I ache, I ache inside
--- "The Last Day on Earth" by Kate Miller-Heidke

Disappointment comes inside of me tonight. Instead of being happy or procrastinating-nature in my blogs, I feel disappointed and exhausted (well I am always exhausted, no doubt about that). Disappointed because I didn't recieve an award for the Senior Presentation Night. One thing I abosultely hate is the fact that Dux (top of the year/grade) has roughly 6 or so indiviual subject tops as well as the top-of-the-year award. Why don't let other people get an award (for instance, instead of the Dux of year getting an indiviual award for that particular subject, the runner up for the subject - or Proxamie Assessit (subject wise) - should get it).

My school is OBSESSED with being academical, sporting or the arts with its students. For instance, if you are not particulary academically smart (like for me for instance) you CAN fall behind. I did that for one of my subjects (I had to go to get injections) and it made me fail my assessment task for that subject recently. Some teachers don't (not trying to be critical or mean) just won't try and help students all that much. I think that some schools have those type of teachers. Don't you think?

The play tonight (my cast - Blue Cast) was epic (eww, Facebook obsession much?). I said my lines correctly, everything went smooth (apart from tiny bit of mistakes) and it was pretty much a full house -dances around in circles-. The only bad thing was, a guy that I like (he knows that I like him) was in the crowd with his girlfriend. I had my "dramatic story" (not being uptight or over-dramatic-teenager) at backstage and then everyone was cheering me up (gosh, I love them so much).

Love
DoomAngelKitty

No comments: