Monday, November 16, 2009

Twilight vs Harry Potter - War between Fantasy Adventure and Fantasy Romance.

You know the whole story. MTV created this war between a poor written cliched book and a classic all time book. So which side are you on or are you just a Switzerland person?

I'm defiantly on the Harry Potter side (if Twilight was original and better written, then maybe I would be Switzerland). First things first, why Harry Potter than Twilight or Switzerland? Okay, Harry Potter is ORIGINAL last time I checked (been the fan since the first movie, when I was age 6 or 7 then started reading the books in Spring 2005). Twilight well, it;s cliched. A human girl falls in love with a vampire. Does this sound fimillar to you? Sounds like The Vampire Diaries or something along those lines. Why not Switzerland? It's because that Steph is not a very good writer. She needs to read a WIDE RANGE of Fantasy novels and STUDY her chosen topic (a.k.a in this instance Vampires). Not all vampires are cute, handsome, pretty etc like Edward. They CAN be ugly, stupid, imperfect etc.

Secondly, Why are you fighting a war between a book that you read and the other you have not? I can make a judgment on this. I read up to chapter 7 or 9 in Twilight. I keep stopping and starting because all it's about is how Bella falls in love with him and how he is so bloody beautiful and perfect. He saved her from the car, big deal. That was the only scene I enjoyed and she should of die really. Or just get herself in a coma and knock herself saying Edward is an ugly person.

Thirdly who seriously wants a stalker, forceful, idiotic, perfect boyfriend? He basically lies to her, he watches her in a sleep (if my boyfriend did that, he'll be dead), she is on a bloody run because he made her fall in love with him, he knows where the hell she is, he thinks he's "perfect" (she agrees as well), who wanted a forceful boyfriend anyway? Surely, if I have forceful, idiotic, perfect, stalker boyfriend, I'll be living on the other side of Australia by now.

Fourthly. what girls learn from this "twilight" book?

a) That they have to be useless and stupid and have no lives while having a stalker, idiotic, forceful, perfect boyfriend. All my ex boyfriends/ex or current crushes of mine are red heads, well built or just on the chubby side, older or younger, imperfect, nerdy, sporty, musically/performing talented people. See? They have all have FLAWS. Do you know what flaws is or do I have to write out a meaning for it?

b) Guys can treat girls with much disrespect as possible. THANK YOU Bella for setting back 100 years for treating females badly.

c) Romance is finding a perfect, Gary Stud guy.

With Harry Potter I learned that:

a) Honesty is not always the best policy.
b) Friends are there for you!
c) Love can be all shapes and sizes (e.g Dumbledore's gay lifestyle)
d) Have courage.
e) Study and know what your up against.

This is my opinion.

Blog

No comments: