Monday, November 23, 2009

I'll write you a bad romance

I want your love and
I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance

(Oh-oh-oh--oh-oooh!)

I want your love and

All your lovers' revenge
You and me could write a bad romance

---"Bad Romance" by Lady GaGa



I
t's almost the end of NaNoWriMo and the reach to 50,000 words seem so impossible for me. I decided today by 3pm, I'll write 6,535 words. Then from 3:30 pm to 8:30, I'll write 6,600 words. Big writting session here, isn't it? I am going to attempt to finish, no matter what. Hehe, kind of like Harry when he versus Voldemort in Book 7.

I have finished Loving Richard Feynman by Penny Tangey. It's about 15 year old, science/maths nerd girl called Catherine and how she writes to the dead scientist Richard Feynman. The adventures on how she surives a year and how she reacts to her parents divorce, Felix and Richard Feynman 's secrets that she didn't know about.

As a website tells it, here is a summery:

"Dear Professor Feynman, Last week Dad bought me a poster of you for my birthday. I hung it up on my wall, perpendicularly adjacent to my desk. It is one of the best presents I have ever received. A month ago, I had never even heard of you, which is embarrassing now I know how important you are. It was my dad who first mentioned you. I was worried about some dumb thing that happened at school. We were discussing the ethics of stem cell research in Social Studies. I had a few points to make on the subject. After I’d been talking for a while I became aware that people in the class were giggling. I looked up and everyone was staring at me like I was a raving idiot. I suddenly realised that I had been getting a bit overexcited, waving my arms and talking too loudly. When I told Dad how humiliated I was he said, ‘In the words of Richard Feynman: What do you care what other people think?’

Catherine is 15, in Year 10 and is a nerd. Not that she thinks the title ‘nerd’ is an insult. Far from it. She wears that badge with pride, but it’s about the only part of her life that she’s sure about. The poster of physicist Richard Feynman becomes a focus in her life and she writes to him. Through the letters, she tries to sort out her emotions, her responses by speculating what he would do in the same situation. She reads a book about Feynman and is inspired. Meanwhile, relationships at school are a mystery she struggles to unravel. It seems that her motives are always misinterpreted. Writing to Richard gives her opportunities to ‘replay’ what’s happened at school, even though she knows he’s dead. A maths competition brings together Catherine, her friend Sophie, Harry (one of the ferals) and new annoying boy, Felix. As the maths competition approaches, Catherine must re-examine her assessments of people close to her."

I finished majority of the book at play rehersal. In which case was annoyingest play rehersal, ever. 40 degrees outside, boiling hot, several dance routines, and walking up and down from the shops near my school. I know 75% of my lines and my first perfomance (I'm in the Blue Cast) is on the 2nd December, even though opening night is on the 1st December. The play goes to the 5th December. Great.... -sadness-

Reading: New Moon (Stephanie Meyer) & Heaven's net is Wide (Lian Hearn)
Watching: Oprah
NaNoWriMo:
Word Count: 4,584
Daily Left: 13,134
Total "Left": 45,416
Love
DoomAngelKitty

No comments: