Thursday, January 28, 2010

So... Summer holidays, you decided to end so quickly?

The best remedy for those who are afraid,
lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere
where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens,
nature and God. Because only then does one feel
that all is as it should be and that God wishes
to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.

---Anne Frank


Today is my third last day of my summer holidays. Woah, it went quick. It feels like just yesterday I was walking to my friend's car after the Presentation Night (we had a half day - so it was a 12:30pm finish) and thinking that I was pretty much "wasted" (not in a drunken or drug-ing way) and realise that soon I have to be "serious" and all that jazz (ergh, I know, I know, how terrible that is) because the teachers and all that jazz is pretty much persuading you to choose that subject for the HSC. The HSC wouldn't be all that scary (I must admit) if it wasn't in capitals or pretty much sending vibes saying "this is a life or death set of exams, if you are fail, you are not qualified to get into . This whole thing about school made me realise that school has gone by so quick! It felt that yesterday was my first day of Transition (kind of like Pre School and Kindergarten mashed up together). That was about 11 years ago (1999) and still I survived many slings and arrows of outragous fortune.

Today when I was walking my dog (his name is Buster and he is a chihuahua cross Fox Terrior), when I saw a student from one of the public primary schools in my area. I thought she was a kindergarten (because she was small and cute), so turned around and walked to her, and asked her if she would like to pat my dog. She enthusiastically said yes and patted. When I was asking her what year (or grade) she was in, she replied, "I am a year two! I started school yesterday." I smiled and told her that I started school on Monday and she was shocked. But I think I made her day, it surely made my day. Everyone should do something nice to small kids because it'll make their day and also it's a random act of kindness.

Yesterday I returned from the Sunshine Coast! I had to catch up watching millions up millions of YouTube videos from my suscriptions that I have missed. I am about half way through it now. Which is a good achievement because it's past 10am in the morning. T.T But I did have fun at the Sunshine Coast. I send postcards to my pen pals (while I was away, I didn't have any letters from them -sad-) as well as getting a birthday gift for one of them (as well as everyone else, even if they are small). On Wensday when I was at the Sunshine Coast, I was with my mother at Australian Zoo and it is was boiling hot! It was 36 degrees (Celcius) and my mum and I were dying from the heat. When my mum and I arrive at the Sunshine Coast, it was Australia Day. There were heaps of drunken people and we even saw Polic have to "stalk" or watch these youthes (they were roughly between 18 and 20) who were trying to start fights and stuff. Eventually my mum and I saw an old school bus (nearly) full of drunken people.

Signing off,
DoomAngelKitty

No comments: