Thursday, January 14, 2010

Long Blog #3

You can be healed of depression if every day
you begin the first thing in the morning to
consider how you will bring a real joy to
someone else.


Summer in Australia is going whacko here. One minute it's sunny, hot and 30 odd Degrees Celcius, the next is rainy, cold and miserable. What's up with this weather? I read on a Facebook group "You know if you grew up in the Blue Mountains if:", one post said "You know when summer comes. One minute is extremely hot, the next pouring down rain". Someone else also wrote that some tourists said "OH RAIN!", then the author of the post always reply, "NOOO! Give us sunshine!". It is very true about the whole weather thing. I really prefer sunshine but also prefer winter at the same time. Just the sunshine in the summer is always like 30 odd degrees, and it's too hot to do anything. Here, where I live, the only closest beaches are in Sydney. The closest pool to me is down the hill, which is convient because I play Basketball there on Friday nights.

Learning languages can be fun. I am currently learning Japanese which is harder than I expected. I am a slow learner, I must admit, but my brain doesn't soak up as quick and effectively as I would like to. You know what I mean? If I master Japanese in the future sometime, I would like to learn Russian (ancestors and jazz, plus my grandmother is Russian), German (ancestors), Korean, and then either Manderine or Cantonese. I know, it'll take a long time learning those languages, but it's worth a try. You only live once.

I saw a bilbord in Sydney. It said, "Don't give blood. People need your blood". It had a picture of a mozzie. Does anyone give blood? After June 30th, I can give blood. I am thinking about it. It's a good cause because people need it. I also thought of shaving my hair for "World's Greatest Shave", possibly in 2012 when I am in year 12, last year of High School. Has anyone done either of those two things? Or even thought about it? They are both, like I said, is a good cause. I do 40 Hour Famine each year since 2008, instead of giving up food (I vomit and get sick, seriously I do), I give up my necessities. For example, iPod, laptop, bed, lights, and DS. I eat my dinner in the dark on the floor.

On 26th December, I had to listen to MuggleCast while my mum and her friend's from across the road came over. I didn't go to sleep to nearly 10pm at night. MuggleCast kept me sane while I hear loud talking down stairs. Does anyone go to sleep at that time? I swear, everyone of my mum's friend who come at night make me sleep later. It drives me insane! Why do people do that? Are everyone night owls now and it's cool to be night owls? I sigh and groan at this matter.

Signing off,
DoomAngelKitty

No comments: