Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween + NaNoWriMo + Sun burn + Rock Esteidford + Canberra + Harry Potter + Basketball = Fun week

Halloween is starting in Australia today. I'll be dressing up as a Gothic Witch. Whenever I tell my friends via internet, I keep on typing "Gothic Vampire" but as soon as I saw I wrote 'Vampire' instead of 'Witch', I quickly backspaced and retyped 'Witch'. This automatically made me think that Australian people aren't a big fans of Halloween compare to Americans. Especially around my block. I only remember when I was aged between 6-8, very few people knocked on our door for Halloween. This made me feel really old whenever I thought back to the memory when I dressed up as a Witch or as one time, a Rock Star and trick or Treat. I was suppose to have a Halloween sleevover but none of my friends, who were invited, could make it.

NaNoWriMo is starting tomorrow. 50,000 words in a month, 1,666 words a day, one novel at the end of the journey.I'm already nervous. I was watching Hayley's video, when Halyey mentioned NaNoWriMo. 5 reasons why to join and do NaNoWriMo (not the actual title of Hayley's video). Anyone doing it for the first time? Any stories about you doing NaNo? When did you start NaNo? I started last year with the novel "Story of the Lost Girl" (something along those lines). Got up to 15k roughly. But I'm aiming to finish it.

Yesterday it was my last day/first day (I didn't turn up on the first day of Swim and Survive) Swim & Survive, plus my first and last time doing it. I didn't turn up in year 7 for it. It was TORTURE! Child abuse, seriously. My friend and I didn't turn up on the first day (let alone when we were in year 7), and all we did is 200m of survival strokes, saving each other by rope in the water, and about an hour or so jumping in the pool doing the same dive, over and over. It was really boring as! We didn't do the test about resusitation (thank goodness). At the end of the day (after I didn't go to Play Rehursal), I got sun burnt on my left shoulder. I thought I put sunscreen there, but I guess not. Well I learned my lesson.

Right now, I'm watching Rock Esteidford finals. This made me think about my school, how we never do these sort of stuff. We are a very relax school and the only major production that involved so many people did it, was last year. We did a musical from scences from previous plays from the past 90 years. Since it was the 90th Anniversry (we started in 1918). The musical had like over 100 people in it (majority were female with 20ish guys). I want my school to try and do this, involving everyone. But I guess not cause my school loves and admires good academic scores.

Canberra trip for the History/Geography excursion is on this Thursday and Friday. Great, two or so hours on a bus, full of students, in either my sports or my school uniform traveling to our national city, Canberra. I'm tempting to bring my DS, iPod, books, and pens/pencils/pencil case to keep me occupied. I am tempted to write blog entries to type it onto here. I have to leave school at 6am and coming back at school the next day at 8:30pm. I'll be missing glee.

Harry Potter dinner was under fire. A woman was selling tickets for a Harry Potter themed dinner when Warner Bros. sent her a letter saying that they will put a law suit if she didn't stop her Harry Potter themed dinner. Has this happened to anyone in a similar situation? Or do you know anyone who was in the same shoes as this lady? Article.

Basketball this week was fun this week. Apart from playing with a sun burnt shoulder and had a bleeding toe, bruised right knee, court burned left knee and a bruised foot (a Pepsi Max can fell on my right bare foot, causing a massive bruise). we won Basketball (I scored a basket), 58-17. It was a really awesome game. I'm really sad that I won't turn up to the next game due to me being in another state/city.

Happy: Going to Canberra & NaNoWriMo
Sad: Geography report due Monday
Listening: "The Owls Go"
Reading: Rowan the Strange, Twilight, and The Divide Wind

LOVE
DoomAngelKitty

No comments: